Too many times have I tried to cut dairy out of my diet, only to go crawling back because, well, coffee just doesn’t taste as good without a little summin'.
For me, the dairy-free coffee creamers out there just don’t cut it for a few reasons. They’re filled with sugar, they’re watery and tasteless, or they taste horribly synthetic. Anyone else with me??
So, I’ve come up with my own coconut creamer which is incredibly delicious, creamy, easy and cheap! It’s also filled with really good fats which I love because it makes my morning coffee a little more substantial and filling.
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
3 cups water
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp honey (or maple…or simply leave out the sweetener)
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
A pinch of salt
- Blend all ingredients on the highest speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a nut mylk bag, cheese cloth or a really fine sieve, pour your creamer through to seperate the liquid from the pulp.
I use a fine sieve because it's the quickest and least messy - but if you do this make sure the sieve
is so fine that nothing but liquid can pass through.
- You'll be left with coconut pulp (make sure you squeeze out ALL the liquid from it).
You can keep this to add into baking, dehydrate into a flour or I love adding on top of
desserts as a frosting!
- Keep in your fridge for up to 7 days in a tighlty sealed jar to add to your coffee as the perfect, dairy-free creamer!
Little Tucker Notes:
- You may need to add more coconut creamer to your coffee than you would regular creamer to get the same effect
- Blending your coffee with the creamer will give you a much creamier result
- Add extra boosters like collagen powder or MCT oil to your coffee to really get your mornings going!